Vacuum your pool in 6 easy steps
Learn the proper technique for vacuuming your pool
A critical part of swimming pool maintenance which not only helps keep your pool looking great but also helps the filters run properly is learning to vacuum it regularly.
Debris can collect on the floor and sides of your pool, and eventually this can cause problems for your filtration system. Regular vacuuming helps the system operate properly.
So how should you approach this task?
6 easy steps for vacuuming a pool:
1. Start by attaching the vacuum head and pole together. Then attach the vacuum hose to the vacuum head.
2. Lower the vacuum head to the bottom of the pool and use a hand-over-hand method to sink the vacuum hose, working from the part attached to the head towards the free end. This will remove air from the hose. You can tell if you have done it properly when water runs out of the hose.
3. Connect the free end of the hose to the opening at the back of the skimmer, after taking the skimmer basket off.
4. At the filter slab, turn main control valve off, and turn the control valve attached to your skimmer towards the off position until you hear the pump cavitate. Then open it slightly until the pump can be heard running smoothly again.
5. Now that you have most of the suction concentrated into your vacuuming system, you are ready to vacuum! Move the vacuum like you would a real vacuum on a rug, in slow linear passes. Depending on how dirty the pool is, you may have to empty the pump strainer during this process.
6. When you are finished, do not lift the vacuum head until you have gone back to the filter slab and opened any of the valves you have closed.
Need help with pool maintenance?
If you need help staying on top of your swimming pool maintenance call us today. Pleasure Aquatech Pools offers an affordable swimming pool maintenance program that will help take the worries out of pool ownership.