The Racket that is the Pool Service Business
If you own a pool there is a good chance it has happened to you. A pool maintenance person comes out and gives you a laundry list of all of the things that needs to be done, and then makes a few comments about what a poor job the pool builder did of choosing parts and equipment for your pool. The conversation usually wraps up with them telling you how much you really need this new chemical or that new piece of equipment which, of course, they can get for you.
Scare tactics and “bad mouthing” of your pool builder are usually unwarranted and are simply a way for those in the pool service racket to up-sell you on products or services you may not need. By following these tips and asking specific questions, you can save yourself the headache and expenses incurred by these sleazy pool services!
A note about OUR pool service business
One of the main reasons we built our own pool service business was to avoid this scenario we just described. Our goal is to make sure you enjoy your pool in a hassle free manner for years to come – not to sell you a new pump every other year.
In fact, we like to think of our pool service program as part of our customer service, to make sure you remain a happy and well satisfied customer!
How to protect yourself from a sleazy pool maintenance company
Pool service companies are just like any other business; they have to sell you products in order to survive! If these are products or services you wish to own, are within your budget and are professionally installed by a trusted source, this transaction is mutually agreeable. Problems arise when sleazy companies want to make a quick buck and try to sell you products that you don’t want, or worse, don’t need!
A few specific tips include:
- Get a 2nd opinion. Don’t let pool companies talk you into products that you don’t want without asking for another opinion or researching their product suggestions to find out if you really do need that latest product or service!
- Talk to your pool builder and get a confirmation of why they chose the equipment you have and what, if any, warranties you may have.
- Get everything in writing including contracts, agreements, and warranties to protect yourself!
- Keep in mind that this is how companies make money; follow your best judgment.
- If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask other pool companies for advice.
If one company is bashing another or trying to make a quick buck, chances are they might not be all that professional. The lack of respect for you and their fellow pool companies could reflect the true attitude of the company and how it affects the overall quality of its workmanship.
Reduce the risks of poor craftsmanship, as well as difficult and potentially dangerous working environments, by opting for a company that makes you feel safe and secure in its services and gives you what you need: a great pool at the right price.
- Do some research! Find out if the company is insured, qualified and experienced!
- Ask questions! Any reputable company will be more than happy to help!
Professional Pool Service You Can Trust!
Pleasure Aquatech Pools offers a professional pool maintenance package that is designed to take the hassle out of pool ownership without trying to sell you products or services you don’t need. If you have had bad experiences in the past with other pool maintenance people we invite you to contact us today and find out for yourself what makes us different.
Or if you prefer, you can read reviews from some of our existing clients by visiting our review site at Guild Quality. Click here to read reviews about Pleasure Aquatech Pools.