Choosing a Contractor to Create Your Perfect Pool
You have finally decided to add a pool to your Louisiana home. Taking the next steps in creating your backyard oasis means careful research as you select the right swimming pool contractor to make your dreams a reality. Here are eight tips to help you through the process.
- Go online – The internet is the ideal place to start your contractor search. Take some time to visit pool builder websites to gain inspiration for your design and determine which contractor might be best suited to take on your project.
- Check certifications – Make sure the contractor you choose has a Certified Pool Builder (CBP) on their team. This certification requires individuals to complete training and pass rigorous testing on their trade.
- Look at references – The best way to determine if a contractor is right for you is to talk to people who have used their services. In addition to asking for referrals, check online to see if they have received any bad reviews. Also, take the time to contact your local Better Business Bureau to ensure that they have not received any complaints about the contractor.
- Don’t be hasty – While getting your project moving is important, taking the time to do your homework is even more vital. Starting the project with a reliable contractor means that you are more likely to be pleased with the end result.
- Visit their showroom – Pool builder showrooms are a great place to gain inspiration for your new pool project. In addition, it is excellent place to do some reconnaissance work on the builder’s knowledge.
- Written contract – Once you have settled on a pool builder, be sure to get everything in writing. This included deadlines, warranties, pricing and all other details that will impact the job. If the salesperson says they will do something, ask them to put in ink.
- Read all materials – In addition to reading all the fine print in your contract, immerse yourself in the other literature that the pool builder provides. Do your homework before you sign on the dotted line.
- Insurance coverage – Make sure the contractor you choose carries the proper liability insurance in case an unplanned accident happens.