A Message From The Owner
Personally, I can’t understand why anyone who is interested in owning a pool wouldn’t at least consider Pleasure Pools for their project. No one, and I do mean No One, comes even close to what we have to offer. Of course, if price is your primary consideration, then we probably won’t be in the running.
When I came into this market in 1994, the demand for quick and cheap pools had already been fulfilled, and to this day, the market has gotten significantly worse. I decided that I wanted to produce a better product, even if it took a little longer and it cost a little more.
In the aftermath of Katrina, for a number of reasons, many individuals who were in other businesses, and had absolutely no experience in the swimming pool business, became “Pool Contractors.” I get calls almost every day to finish uncompleted pools or to resolve issues that have been created by contractors who don’t know what they are doing. Unfortunately, some of the mistakes they make, actually constitute criminal negligence, and could result in serious injury or even death to the consumer.
For several years now, I have attempted to institute a mandatory license for swimming pool contractors. In the last state legislative session, I even testified during a committee meeting where the new law was being contemplated. In each instance, the new law was tabled before it could proceed to a floor vote.
I would like for you to consider the following:
There is an old joke that circulates in our industry that states “Don’t look for deals on parachutes, brain surgery and swimming pools.” Do it right the first time and put a little extra into the money you spend for craftsmen and equipment. That has been our philosophy for 16 years now.
- As of this moment, we are well into our 16th successful season of providing excellent products and services to our clients. We have over one-million dollars invested in real estate to facilitate our lofty endeavors, owning one office in Metairie, and one in Mandeville. The Mandeville office, incidentally, is 8,800 square ft. and features two full-sized display pools.
- We spend over $100,000 each year to provide in-house service, repairs and maintenance to our clients. All of the pools we install are outfitted with the best, most efficient, technologically advanced mechanical systems from Jandy Pool Products. (visit their web-site, which is linked to ours)
- We are one of the few pool companies in the state of Louisiana that holds a valid State Contractor’s License in pool construction and an owner (me) who is certified by the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals as a “Certified Building Professional (C.B.P.)
- Over the past 10 years, we have won several national design awards, as well as many regional awards. Our pools have frequently been featured in local newspapers and magazines in conjunction with fine homes.
- Our client list contains many well-known successful business owners and professional people and we have completed such outstanding projects as the pools at the Jewish Community Center on West Esplanade, Metairie Country Club, and the athletic facilities at West Jefferson Hospital.
- We have an unblemished, 16 year history of customer satisfaction that gives us an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.